Final Exam/Information from Saturday’s Class (04/18)

Hello All,

Thank you for turning up for our very helpful library session with librarian, Professor Glisson. You can contact her at lglisson@bmcc.cuny.edu for individual help with your Documented Paper Essay.

Yesterday, I shared that your Final Exam will now be an essay assignment that you will have three days to complete, and that you will submit it via Blackboard.

Here is the information I have:

The Eng. 101 / 100.5 Final Exam. The English 101 and 100.5 exam will be required and will be given as an “assignment” in Blackboard that must be completed in three days. Students will use this time to read the exam questions, pick one of the questions to answer, and complete a thesis-driven essay for submission. Students can then upload their essay to submit it. Instructors may choose to use some of this time to hold a synchronous meeting with students to go over the exam, or otherwise figure a way to answer questions about it.

Exam Dates. The Final Exam assignment will open on Thursday, May 14, 6:00 a.m. and be available until Sunday, May 17, 6:00 a.m. o   Exam Location. The Final Exam Module will be placed into the ENG101/100.5 blackboard courses.

I also shared this paid summer internship with the Factory Farming Awareness Coalition: 

https://www.ffacoalition.org/intern

On Blackboard, I have shared short videos from the class about creating a thesis, and a discussion of the final exam news, and annotating work, using one of the Final Essay readings as an example.

I have extended the due date for the Documented Paper until May 9th. Please feel free to send me any drafts before then, and please let me know if you want comments or advice on anything specific.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know.

Have a great week,

Yolande